Thursday, July 28, 2011

He Has NOTHING In Me!

(Rom 8:5)  For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
(Rom 8:6)  For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
(Rom 8:7)  Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
(Rom 8:8)  So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.




(Joh 14:30)  Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.


(Eph 2:2)  Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:


     I was reading the other night, and I thought it important to share some of the scriptures the Lord gave to me. In light of all the mixture many of the saints find themselves entertaining, I became very grieved. If we are called to be set apart and take no part of the unclean thing, I simply could not understand why so many saints were willing to play with fire. But as the Word is a double edged sword, I realized that we all do it, so this is an exhortation to us all, including myself.

     The very first scripture is the one that stood out most to me. To understand that to be in the flesh means that we cannot (are incapable of pleasing) please God adds a new layer of seriousness to the issue. As one who has been freed from the law of sin and death, I would not want to become a slave again simply because of the attractiveness of the things in this world. Giving up my inheritance for temporary satisfaction on earth (or for a morsel of bread as my friend, Tia puts it) is not an option, but so many are forfeiting the prize for the temporary satisfaction here.
    Our pattern and our goal in all things should be to be like Christ who proclaimed that the prince of the world has "nothing in me." That means that the enemy who dictates the system of this world had no portion in Him. We too should strive for this lifestyle. Ephesians 4:27 tells us to not give place to the Devil, yet so many of us play games with this. But if we believe that the words of the Bible are true, we have to believe that God gave us these warnings for a reason.
    I know personally, I don't want to be bound. Knowing freedom is awesome, and understanding the freedom that we have in Christ is motivation enough to not defile myself with mixture. Many people use the excuse that it doesn't take all that and that people are being to extra. I too, am sometimes tempted to think this way, but I fear God and refuse to take Him lightly; in short, it does take all that. We can't do what we feel like doing and only pray and study when its convenient. To do this would be like offering our minds up to carnality. Jesus did NOTHING from Himself. If Jesus is far greater than we are, and even He knew that it was best to do the Father's will and not His own, then why do we set ourselves up to believe that it is in us to direct our own way? (Jer 10:23)
   If we want bondage, we are free to go back to it, but if we want to walk and remain in freedom, we must walk after the pattern of Jesus, not giving any place to the devil. Like Jesus, I want to be able to say that the prince of the world has nothing in me!

No comments:

Post a Comment